My #unbeatable Basic Persian Rice is so lovely in flavour you can’t only make it once!!! Made for those who love a crispy top without the hassle of needing a Pressure Cooker.
I created this alternative recipe since I absolutely love Persian rice, but do not have a pressure cooker or the patience to create it the traditional way. I taught myself to make rice this way while I was a student at Uni and it always got wonderful compliments from friends and family!
I have come up with a fast and easy way to create the delicious Tadig (crispy top) without needing much experience in the kitchen.
If you are a new baker or do not have much time this is best recipe for you,
I would love for you to try out my recipe and let me know how yours came out! If you post your bakes on social media hashtag #kizendehrecipes or tag @kizendeh so ill be able to see too and possibly share your thoughts on my page!
Easy & Basic Persian Crispy Top Rice (Tadig)
- 3 cup Basmati Rice (I use Gluten Free)
- 6 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Butter (I Use Ghee for a richer flavour)
- 3 tbsp Ghee or Butter (Melted)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- The first thing you need to do is get your cooking pot and wash your Rice until the water runs clear. I would say that would take around 3 rounds of rinsing. After rinsing you need to add the water to the rice. (a secret that I usually do to make sure my rice comes out perfectly fluffy and NOT sticky is by filling the water up until it lays just below an inch above the amount of rice in the pot) !! If you have too much water in the pot empty some until you have it at the desired level.
- Now add 1 spoons full of Ghee or butter to your pot along with the pinch of salt.
- Now turn on your stove at a high heat and place your pot on top. let the water and rice boil with a lid on top until the water evaporates. This should only take around 10 mins.
- At this point you lower the heat to a mid-low temperature and you need to quickly lift the lid off the rice and create small holes in the rice to pour in the remaining melted Ghee or Butter into it. Then place the lid back on and let cook for 20 mins
- A way to check when the rice is cooked is to wet your finger and lightly touch the outside of the pot (if you can hear a slight sizzle it is ready).Once the Rice has cooked remove the pot from the stove and keep the lid on while you run cold water on the bottom of the pot. This will help the rice to unstick from the Pot without having to use utensils.
- Now all you have to do is remove the Lid and flip the Pot onto a plate to reveal the beautiful golden crispy rice underneath!!!! It is now ready to serve!
Please leave a Comment & Follow to keep up with my posts!
I hope you get to try all my recommendations and share how you feel about this recipe.
Let me know if you would like this post to be turned into a youtube video?
The more likes & views I get, the better the chance !!
Also feel free to send me ideas on any other post you would like to see below,
or dm my account on Instagram @kizendeh
Thank you all so much,
Sending my care & love,